Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today: Wesleigh is 14 Months old & Ethan is 1 Week Old!

This is my pajama cowboy! My mom bought Wesleigh these boots a while ago. They fit, but he walks funny in them. I guess it takes some practice to get used to not being able to bend your ankles! We were playing around after bath the other day, thus creating the PJ Cowboy!!
Struttin' his stuff!
This is the Rock, Ride, and Roll toy that Nana and Grandpa bought Wesleigh for Christmas. Daddy put it together the other night, with LOTS of "help" from Wesleigh, also known as "Helpie Helperton". Wesleigh also enjoyed climbing on top of the box then, falling off on his head repeatedly!! It was a hoot, and he never even wimpered.
These two pictures were taken 2 days ago while Wesleigh was playing! He absolutely loves his chair that he got from Gran and G-Pa for Christmas. I love it too, although I am not crazy about Wesleigh's new found love of standing in his chair!He is too cute, but doesn't he look guilty about something??
Wesleigh had a WalMart gift card from a Christmas present that he recieved that I had to return because we already had it. So, we bought him this slide with that gift card. It is intended for the back porch, but it is in the living room right now, because he needs to learn how to use it before we turn him loose on the concrete of the back porch. Wee...here we go! Climbing up the slide is fun too!
Ethan was sleeping in his bed like a good boy yesterday and I happened to walk through the bedroom to catch him smiling and grabbed the camera. So stinkin' sweet.Another precious smile.Cuddled up on his boppy pillow on the floor...the big brother must have been sleeping!!
Sweetly sleeping in his bed.
These three do NOT make very productive subjects! When Wesleigh was looking at the camera, Grandpa was either looking at Ethan, Wesleigh or staring out the window! Anyhoo, this is my dad and my two boys!
This picture was taken on Saturday night. My dad, Jim, and Ethan were all being lazy on the floor. Ethan and Grandpa both have their hands over their faces!!


Well, Ethan is a week old today, and Wesleigh is 14 months old today!! Our first week with Ethan has been wonderful. He really is a good baby. He tends to be a little fussy during the day, sleeps all night like a champ, but then he decides that after his 5 am bottle that he wants to play for a while before he goes back to sleep. He eventually goes back to sleep, but usually just a short time before Wesleigh wakes up for the day.


Wesleigh seems to be doing very well with the addition of Ethan. He has his moments where he seems to be jealous, but we just make sure that we take some time to be with him. He absolutely LOVES to give Ethan kisses, and it is the sweetest thing to watch. Every now and then he will be a little mean, but we try to nip it quickly. He likes to grab the back of the bouncer and BOUNCE very hard!! Ethan usually just sleeps right through it...can we say Baby Shaking Syndrome??? We can't turn our backs for a second, we are learning to be very vigilant!

These pictures were taken at mom and dad's the last week we were there. I just never had a chance to post them, but they are too cute to let slide!

These pictures were also at my mom's before Ethan was born. Wesleigh was playing in this little cooler, having a blast, then, he squated down and was totally wedged/stuck in it. As a little boy he is always getting himself into interesting situations, and I usually make him work it out, and he is usually able to free himself. Well, I made him try to get out for a while, but when it became apparent that he was really stuck, I took some pictures, then I helped him out!! Silly little boys and the things they find to amuse themselves!

3 comments:

The Shillingburg's said...

I hope you're feeling ok!! Your boys are beautiful!

Jaime said...

wow... 1 week old! You got some amazing pictures and some amazingly cute little boys! I can't wait to post little baby pictures of my new addition! If only he'd just get here! If you don't mind I'm stealing your picture idea and taking a picture of Brian in Nathan's hospital bed! That was soo funny!

Dacia said...

i can't believe you have 2 now!! they are both adorable!

thanks for your sweet comments on my latest post. I went back tonight and added some pics of Ellie playing with my work of art when she woke up from her nap if you wanna see them. :-) oh, and I answered your question- yes, i had 3 parts leftover. :-)