Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update on our TumTums!

Well, it's still more of the same in our world. Wesleigh's tummy is significantly better, but still not back to normal. Have you ever tried to feed a BRAT the BRAT diet?? Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. Well, for starters, Wesleigh doesn't like rice or applesauce, so that leaves us Bananas and Toast. We are doing well with the bananas, but he only ate the crust off his toast yesterday. I cut out the apple juice that he drinks diluted with his ice water, and was just giving him water, but he cut his fluid intake dramatically, so that doesn't help the situation any!! So, I read that grape juice is ok when you have diarrhea, so I started flavoring his water with grape juice and he is loving it and drinking his normal amount again. As far as the rest of his food, I am just trying to keep in as bland as possible and not greasy. I guess the popcorn chicken that he ate during our insane trip to WalMart today, wasn't my brightest idea now that I think about it!! What a dummy!
Ethan's tummy is still pretty bad. Poor kid! He is going through tons of diapers. He also gave me the task of scrubbing the couch today...I will leave that to your imagination. Don't guess I have a lot to say about changing his diet, it's nothing but soy milk for that boy! I'm sure hoping we get tummies fixed soon!!
So, about that WalMart trip...I needed diapers, formula, toilet paper, paper towels, 2 gallons of milk, a bag of chips, 2 chickens and Dr. Pepper. Let me remind you, I was alone, with both boys. If you have ever put a toddler in the seat of a cart, and a baby carrier in the bottom of the cart, that doesn't leave much room for anything, especially large things (I buy toilet paper and paper towels in bulk!). I also buy diapers in boxes...didn't help that I had 4 diaper coupons (thanks Amanda) that were expiring today and when you have 2 kids in diapers, you DO NOT let diaper coupons expire!!!! Anyhoo, WalMart had Pampers Cruisers on clearance, so I bought even more than I had planned on. I polished off the WalMart gift card that Gran and G-Pa gave us for diapers (thanks Gran and G-Pa it helped a lot)!! So, the cart was stacked down below and up on top, it was a balancing act and believe me, people were staring! Before I got in the check out line I grabbed another cart, b/c I knew I would NEVER get it all back in the one cart, so we left the store in two carts...yes, I was driving both of them...rather interesting! I DEFINATELY don't plan on conquering the grocery store like this very often, but sometimes you just can't help it, I wasn't going to let those coupons expire! I do my major grocery shopping every 2-3 weeks after I plan my menu...alone after Jim gets off work!
After dinner tonight we played with Wesleigh on the trampoline for the first time. He was very scared at first...he wasn't too sure about the floor moving, but then we finally got him to losen up and have fun. He just kept saying "jump, jump, jump" over and over as he bent his knees...too cute!!! I didn't have a camera or video camera...bummer, but take my word for it, it was adorable.
I took some pictures earlier, mostly of Ethan lifting his head and looking all around during Tummy Time. Hopefully I will get those pictures up tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I feel you on the cart thing. I had my own cart issues at the store today. I hope your tummy issues resolve quickly!