Thursday, March 5, 2009

We Are Alive?!

Wow, it has been a long week!! Wesleigh and I have been sick all week, and man, that sure does make life difficult!! Lets not even discuss how far behind my house is since I've been sick!! We will get to it though!! We have just been in survival mode...everyone is fed, clothed (for the most part), and napping frequently!!! :-)

Last weekend we went to San Angelo to visit family and introduce sweet Ethan to Jim's Grandaddy and Grandmommy. Turns out that she had a cold and didn't want to expose us to her germs, so they only saw the boys through the door! Probably a good thing...since we ended up sicker than them anyway!! Wesleigh had started with a cough on Friday before we left, and it just got worse over the weekend. I took him to a walk in clinic on Sunday morning. He had Bronchitis and a cold. They gave him 3 days of an oral steriod to clear the Bronchitis up. The doctor didn't think he needed an antibiotic, and I was didn't fight it. I am not a huge fan of using antibiotics unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. There are some nasty bugs out there these days, and I personally want the antibiotics to work like a charm for my little people when we need them, so I am not into overusing them if they aren't absolutely necessary!! So, we just focused on getting Wesleigh well, and keeping Ethan well. This meant washing our hands every 5 minutes, and using Germ-X in between!!

After having my sweet boy cough in my face a million times, no big suprise when I started getting his bronchitis on Monday!! The only thing worse than a sick kid, is a sick mommy too!! We ended up taking Wesleigh to the doctor in San Antonio on Wednesday. His cough didn't seem any better and the steriods were gone. Our Pediatrician said his lungs were clear now, that the steriods must have cleared it out of his lungs, and just moved it upwards, b/c now he had an ear infection!! NO fever!! He has had 3 ear infections now, and NO fever with any of them!! It sucks, because I don't even know that he is that sick!! That boy is a challenge on many levels!! But, I adore him!! So, on our way back from San Antonio, we stopped at a Walk-in clinic in Uvalde, and I got some Antibiotics for my bronchitis!!

We are feeling better, but not great. Now I am just trying to put this house back together again!! Good news is, that when we were in San Antonio at the doctor, we had her listen to Ethan, and she said he sounds perfect and was showing no signs of getting sick at this time!! Praise God!!!

Well, these pictures were taken yesterday morning while the boys and I were hanging out! Hope you enjoy!!


Such a little "thinker". I guess there is a lot to think about when you are 1 month old.




I can not believe that my first month with my sweet boy has come and gone. Where does the time go?? It feels like he has been a part of the family for much longer, but I wish I could slow time down!!! He is taking 4 ounce bottles during the day. At night, he is down by 10 pm, up around 2:30 am, takes 5 ounces, then up again around 7:30 am. I am totally blessed!! :-)

See how Wesleigh has a hold on his arm?? Unfortunately that is his new thing...pulling on his brother!! Arms, legs, feet, whatever he gets! He still LOVES to steal his pacifer and his socks!!
Watching them "interact" just makes me look forward to the days when I get to watch them play together and enjoy each other's company!! I know that I will have to listen to them argue and fuss, but what are siblings for??
This is the first kiss Ethan had gotten in several days...because we have kept Wesleigh away!
This picture was last Thursday on our way out the door to Ethan's first Playgroup. Aren't those some good looking boys!!??
Big Cheeser!!
Well, new in Wesleigh's world is TIME OUT!! Oh yes, FUN TIMES!! We had to start something in order to get some of his really naughty behaviors in check...because I refuse to have the mean, unruly, child!! We have started counting with him. If we get to 3, he is off to time out. On the first day of counting, he didn't care about the counting, but the time out made him angry!! I also had to stand right beside him for the whole minute, so he wouldn't leave time out. Now, about 4 days later, MOST of the time, he stops what he is doing with a count to 1 or 2. When we do get to a 3, he will usually sit in time out without getting up for the entire minute. We are making progress, and it is helping to get some of his naughty behaviors in check!! I was about to lose my mind with him before we started this, so thank goodness it is working!!
He is on a mission to somewhere...lookout world!!
If that isn't a guilty face, I don't know what is??I caught Wesleigh taking KIX out of his snack trap and lining them up on the back of his "buck". I guess they were going for a ride!! Silly boy!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm finding life with a newborn and a 14 month old is really rough! Geeze! Wesleigh looks so gentle with Ethan! How did you do that? Brian's main goal when he see's Nathan is to poke his eyes out, beat on his head, and/or rip a limb from his body! looks like Ethan is doing great! Keep up the good work!

Db & Em said...

YOu did say the second one is easier to make then the first. You were not kidding. Your boys are precious. It should be a fun time for both of us.