Monday, March 9, 2009

Wesleigh's Wipeout!

Well, my sweet sweet boy WIPED OUT tonight!!!


We were messing around out front after a short little family walk...the purpose of the walk, will be discussed later! He was playing on the front porch and he was trying to stand up...something that he does a MILLION times a day, but this time, he just didn't have it together, and he toppled forward and landed on his forehead on the concrete. He cried, and instantly had a major knot and a bruise! I tried to put ice on it, but he would only let us leave it there for a few seconds at a time. This is just the first of many major wipeouts for our crazy boys!!


So, About that WALK...


We went for a walk after dinner tonight. Partially to get some fresh air, but partially, because mommy has an agenda. You see, Wesleigh thinks that it is not only "UNCOOL", but socially unacceptable to hold his mother's hand. He likes to throw himself on the ground and cry to be exact. A lovely fit that he demostrated in the church parking lot on Sunday. I had Ethan in one arm, 2 diaper bags and my purse, and a screaming, flailing Wesleigh on the otherside. The interm pastor was in the parking lot and had mercy on Wesleigh and came and carried him inside. We would have eventually made it, it may not have been pretty, but we would have made it!! :-) So, I am trying to teach him to hold my hand and walk here...in the middle of no where, so no one can hear the screams!!!


If anyone has any advice on teaching Wesleigh to hold my hand without screaming...I'm all ears!

3 comments:

The Shillingburg's said...

Is that a boo-boo bunny????????????????????????? I had those growing up!! I need to get some for Ben. Sorry to hear about the wipe out...unfortunately Ben has had A LOT of forehead bruises. And I'm a CPS worker! :) Boys are so much fun!

Jaime said...

Awww a boo-boo bunny! My mommy used to make me boo-boo bunnys when I was a kid! I need to make some for my boys! Poor little guy... Time to stock up on Children's Motrin and Sponge-Bob band-aids! It only gets worse from here!
I have no advice for holding your hand but it sounds like you have a good strategy going. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

About the hand-holding: As you well know, I have VERY independant children. So, I've learned to put absolutes on them, and give them freedom whenever possible. So, both of mine were told they must hold a hand in the parking lot. Then, once we got to the sidewalk, I would let them go. Giving them a bit of freedom seemed to make it okay in the parking lot. Caroline bucked me a few times, but I just held on tight and refused to let go. Now she reaches up to me the minute she get to the curb and says, "Parking lot."