Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun and Strep Throat!

We had a weekend full of changed plans!! For starters my mom and dad were suppossed to head our way this weekend to help us out with some household projects and to hang out. Well, my dad decided that he has way too much to do on the farm right now to get away, so he asked for a rain check. I very reluctantly obliged!!

Jim spent this last week in Georgia at a training and the boys and I were at my parents. We all got home on Thursday, and planned to get stuff done around the house and hang out for the weekend. Then on Sunday we were going to go to church. Well, we got a lot done on Friday during the day, then on Friday afternoon we played outside with Wesleigh for about an hour and a half. He had a blast. Then we came in and I started cooking dinner and Wesleigh totally melted. I could tell he didn't feel good. Well, he just went downhill FAST!! By the time he went to bed he had fever, didn't sleep well at all, then by Saturday morning he had a rectal temperature of 102.7!! So, Jim drove him to Uvalde to an Urgent Care clinic where they diagnosed him with Strep throat!! Ugh...!! This is the second time he has had it. The first time he was 11 months old last November and he had Scarlet fever. Strep throat/Scarlet fever is the only think that has ever really made Wesleigh run fever over 100. He has had multiple ear infections and never runs fever with them. I guess I should have known when his fever was so high! I guess I know now. We have a good 24 hours of antibiotics in now and haven't had fever since last night.

Wesleigh slept pretty good last night, Ethan slept as he normally does, but we slept HORRIBLY!! The stupid electricity went out at 2 am. I got worried that I wouldn't hear the boys without the monitors, so I slept in the living room on the couch. The electricity finally came back on at about 6:30. Not a good night's sleep!!

We went to church this morning, but kept Wesleigh with us since Strep throat is only contagious by swapping spit!! He did pretty good until he hit his head about 2 minutes before the service was over!!

We came home, ate lunch, took 3 hour naps, then hunted some Easter eggs. My mom sent some Easter goodies for all the kids as well! Then, we took Wesleigh outside in the 35 mph wind to hunt eggs. We hid 18 eggs and he was a pro at picking them up!

Enjoy the pictures...

My mom attached these little bunnies to the boys Easter buckets. I gave Ethan his and he immediately wrapped his arm around it and cuddled it.
So, I gave Wesleigh his, and he threw it on the floor and stomped it!!
So, I picked the bunny up and gave it to Ethan and he cuddled them both!
Ethan's new book.
His new little critter thing.
Checking it out with a little smile.
More smiles...
So sweet...
Ethan and his Easter basket.
My sweet boy cracking up.
Isn't that the most handsome smile?
A boy with a bucket on his head...
Picking up eggs...
more eggs...
Two in one hand....he is getting good!
He hardly even stopped to pick this one up...
fun...
What else is in there???
Barrel of Monkeys. He found a Barrel of Monkeys at the doctors office during his checkup last week and loved it, so I added one to his basket.
look at those silly monkeys!

The boys had adorable outfits but we didn't get a single picture!!! Wesleigh was too tired and grumpy! Have no fear though because we are wearing them again next weekend for Aunt Jackie's Wedding,and we will definately get some pictures then!

So, We gave the boys Easter baskets with goodies in them...Wesleigh's had a Leap Frog Letter Factory Video, Barrel of Monkeys and some dinosaurs. Ethan's had a onsie, a soft book and a little soft critter thing. We also did the Easter egg hunt with Wesleigh and we will with Ethan in the future as well. However, before Wesleigh went to bed tonight we talked about the truth behind Easter. I know he didn't understand a word of what I said, but we feel it is important to start young. We are determined to make sure that our household doesn't get caught up in the secular side of holidays and not celebrate the true reason for that season!!!
And finally a little Easter humor...


2 comments:

The Shillingburg's said...

I love the little cartoons!! And all the pictures of your cute family!

ArmyforChrist said...

I love the storyline about the stuffed bunnies! Too cute! I also agree with you about starting young. We do the same thing, even though the boys don't quite understand what we are talking about.