Friday, April 24, 2009

Lovin' Spring

We are loving spring time!!! Obviously in this part of Texas, we don't have "spring" for very long! I love it because we can open up the house and let the fresh air in! So wonderful. Yesterday we were able to keep the house open all day. That doesn't happen too often. Most of the time by 4 o'clock we close it down because it is getting too warm.

I have no pictures to share today, just words. I am feeling very blessed right now. I have 2 amazingly healthy, growing, crazy little boys.

Wesleigh is so smart! I know all parents say that about their kids, but he really is! A while ago, he learned how to stack blocks in towers of 3. Yesterday he very proudly stacked a 6 block block tower!! It was so awesome. He was so proud. He would stack 6 blocks, then knock them over, and do it all over again! He has also become a total pro at following commands (at least when he wants to)! I can tell him, to put something back where he got it from, and he does. I can ask him where his cup is, and 9 times out of 10 he will go to which ever room he left it in and pick it up. Now, that 1 out of 10 times that he can't find it, it takes me 10 minutes and a tour through every room in the house to find it!! He is busy busy and into everything, but growing smarter everyday! He loves it outside and sneaks out at every opportunity he gets!!

Ethan gets stronger everyday! He is sleeping better too. He is in bed every night by 9, and he gets up around 4-5 am, eats 4 ounces, then goes back to bed until 7:30-8:30 am. It is awesome and I am so blessed!! Both of my boys have been champion sleepers!! God most know that I am a better mommy when I am well rested!! Ethan loves to smile and look around exploring his world. He loves to squirm and splash in the bath tub. And his latest thing is to sleep on his tummy! He was sleeping very restlessly both during the day and night, so I tried him on his tummy again, and we are both loving it!! Wesleigh slept on his tummy from 5 weeks on. I know my pediatrician would have a coronary...but I don't care!!

Our backyard has exciting things ahead in the next week or so! Any minute now an 18 wheeler will show up and dump a load of sand in the back yard. Jim and his dad will spend Saturday getting the dirt spread into the right places. Jack and Patti are coming for the weekend to help out, hang out, and bring down the playset. Then next weekend, my parents are coming on Friday for my birthday, then Jim, Dad, Guy, and Jaedyn will build the playset that weekend!! We are so excited! It is going to be awesome! It is huge! We had to buy sand to put underneith it so that when the falls happen (which they will), the kiddos are falling on something a little softer than the rock that currently exists in the backyard.

We are excited about the playset and blessed with our wonderful family! I promise to post pictures of the boys soon!!

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

Hey both my boys sleep/slept on their tummy. They relaxed better that way. We started John when he was 2 weeks old, b/c he was so colicky, and the pressure on his belly helped a ton. Ben has been sleeping that way pretty much from birth, so I am with you, I don't care what the pediatricians say, I do what they sleep best in!