Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dirt Fun

We've been busy with these boys!! They keep me busy during the days!! They are so wonderful and they bring so much joy into my life!! We had a great weekend. Gran and G-Pa came down on Saturday morning and helped with the play set project...more of that toward the end of the post. Gran was a huge help with the boys. I was able to get some stuff done around the house. Poor Gran, is frequently passed right by when it comes to the Grandkids. They all adore G-Pa, and she claims she has "no grandkids" that are hers!! Don't get me wrong, they all love their Gran, but G-Pa is just the greatest thing ever!! Wesleigh is no different than the rest. He threw a 10 minute inconsolable fit when G-Pa left him in the house to go outside and work! Gran played with him and comforted him, but realized once again, that G-Pa stole another grandkid from her. Jaedyn is probably the closest she has to a kid that likes her the best, but she still adores G-Pa and it depends on the day. Well, Gran, Ethan is yours and he thinks your great!! He appreciated all the sweet loving you gave him this weekend!! I can't speak for the future, but for right now he is "your" grandkid!! Gran, maybe you need to get yourself a 4 wheeler of your own...maybe that will help!! :-) Even if they don't always show it, they all love and adore you too!!!

We attended a financial workshop at the church on Sunday. It was a super long day, but I feel it was a great thing for us to do.



This is Wesleigh at 2 months

Ethan at 2 months


EthanWesleigh...
Such different, sweet little boys!!

This is my little man chillin' in his high chair while mama cooked dinner.
An acrobatic horse rider! Climbing is a new skill that Wesleigh is perfecting.
YeeeHaww!! this little horse's ear squeeks when you squeeze it. Last night when he was playing on it, I told him to squeek the horse's ear, and he was pulling on his own ear instead! It was too funny!
Cutie. I never get tired of that gorgeous smile.
sliding down the slide
He had been playing in the office (where he doesn't belong) and he got into these little sticky dot things...that is what is stuck to his face!
On the go...
So, here are the pictures of the first phase of the swing set project. G-Pa helped to spread the dirt. They were trying to get it level for the playset, and G-Pa came up with the idea to tie rope to a ladder, put Caleb on top and then him and Jim pulled it. It worked like a champ!!
Fun for Caleb...work for Jim and Jack
Our neighbor, Mr. Black helping out...if you can't read the sign over his head it says "She Thinks My Tractor is Sexy"!! He was so gracious to help us on Saturday. He has me baffled as a way to pay him back. I am usually able to brib/pay help with food. I even made cookies, but he is diabetic, and wouldn't even join us for lunch. So, I don't know what to do to repay him, I will have to think outside the box!
Daddy shoveling...Wesleigh running to each place that Daddy threw the dirt!! He was filthy and tired at the end of the day!
Mr. Black spreading the dirt...
We are doing well. Both the boys are thriving. Wesleigh is a climbin' fool. He is talking more and more and he keeps us laughing. It makes me wonder what we did for entertainment before he came along!! Ethan enjoys sharing that precious smile and cooing at me. I love every minute of it. I can't believe how quickly time is passing these days!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

So cute! I need to post comparison pics!