Sunday, October 12, 2008

Talking At Last!!!

Well, we never thought it would happen, but in true Wesleigh form it happens when he wants and not a moment before!! This past week the sounds that Wesleigh has been making have change. Before it was just random babbling and sounds that meant absolutely nothing. This past week he started making sounds like Hehe...consenants and vowels mixed together. I had told Jim that I didn't think it would be long until he started saying something because of how the sounds had changed.
Well, Friday night we were eating dinner and I gave Wesleigh something and I said say "Thank you Mama" and he looked at me and said "mama"!! Plain as day! He said it! We looked at each other in disbelief!! I was so excited!! I still am, and everytime he says it, I love it even more!! I don't know if I will ever forget that moment! EVER!!!
Then, as if that wasn't enough while Jim was bathing him a few minutes later, Jim told him to say Dada and he did, and he hasn't really stopped since!! He jabbers dada nonstop!!
Yesterday was my Grandma's birthday and I called her while we were in the car to tell her Happy Birthday, and when I went to get off the phone with her I told her bye-bye, and from the backseat Wesleigh said "bye-bye".

He is just picking up stuff like crazy!! I am so proud of him. I look forward to every new word that comes!! I am sure that you will hear about the day he says a word I am not very proud of!!

No comments: