Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Quiet Little Christmas Day

Well, this should finally be the end of the Christmas posts. It has taken me forever to get to it, but here it is...

Due to Jim's lovely schedule, we were here in New Mexico, just the three of us (sorry Ethan, 4 of us)!! We slept in, or at least I did!! Since Santa had brought Elmo Live earlier in the week when Guy and Jaedyn were visiting, we didn't have any Santa suprises that morning.

Jim and I had our gifts for each other, and we had saved back one of Wesleigh's presents from us so he would have something to open as well.
Wesleigh tore into his package, and was happy to find a little basketball goal. He loves it! He quickly got the hang of making baskets and when you make a "slam dunk" it cheers for you!! He has enjoyed it very much. He was also very stylish in his Christmas PJ's that Nana bought for him. They were silk and VERY slippery when the little guy got to wiggling!!!

I was next, I had been eyeing my gift for a long time. It looked exactly like a box of checks....Well, it wasn't a box of checks, it was a Jawbone. That is a bluetooth headset to use with my cell phone. We have had bluetooths since we were dating, but they have been far from perfect, and somewhere along the way, I actually stopped using mine!! So, this is the top of the line technology and it seems to work beautifully!! God knows I am going to need every hand I can find here in another month or so!!


Last but not least, Jim opened his and was beyond pleased to find a Garmin GPS!! He hasn't stopped playing with that silly thing!! It is pretty high tech and will be nice when traveling. I was able to find a really great deal on it, and because I waited about a week to buy it, I was able to get a much upgraded version for the same price that I was going to pay for a lesser version!! Funny thing...they were both at WalMart.com. It's fair to say that it was a huge hit!!

We spent most of the day in our pajamas, had a nice dinner, and just enjoyed a lazy, quiet Christmas day with our boy!!

Poor Elmo Has a Bully
Ok, so Elmo Live is a hoot. If you haven't played with one, you should! We laugh at Elmo everyday! He tells stories and jokes and is just overall very very silly. When Elmo falls over he says "Uh Oh, Elmo fell down, can you help Elmo up Please??" Then when you pick him up he says "Thank you, You're Elmos' Best Friend"! Well, Elmo can be right in the middle of a story or a joke or something and Wesleigh (a.k.a. Elmo's Bully) pushes him down. It is hilarous. I guess they have a love hate relationship!! Sweet ol' Elmo continues to tell him he is his best friend every single time...someone needs to tell Elmo that he doesn't need enemies if his best friend is such a bully!

No comments: