Friday, November 28, 2008

Crazy Ol' Wesleigh!!

I'm such a pro at crawling and getting into trouble at a crawling level....next is walking....
Guy handed down his old Tonka truck to Wesleigh...and he LOVES to go for rides in it!!
Push me Daddy...but not too fast, because it tips me out!!
So Fun!
Oh this kid is a nut!! He is so busy, staying busy, getting into things, and learning new and exciting things!! My parents were on a trip through West Texas this past week, so they made a quick trip over to New Mexico and spent Thanksgiving with us!! It was really nice to have them here, since we weren't able to go anywhere, because Jim only had Thanksgiving day off. So, they joined us on Wednesday evening and they left on Friday morning.
This is just a cute picture that mommy took, when she was silly enough to try and make me wear a cap!!

Before they got here, I had started working with Wesleigh on saying "Nana". He said it once before they got here, then he said it once for Nana on Wednesday night, and then, from that point on it has been his new favorite word!! Every time he picks up a new word it is CONSTANT. Everyone and everything is that new word. So, we are all answering to "Nana" these days! It is kind of sad, because today he has been crawling around the house looking for her and calling her, but she isn't here!! So, we tell him "Nana Bye Bye" and he waves!!! It sure made Nana proud for him to be saying her name. She does kind of have the easiest name out of all the grandparents, so I am not too sure when the rest of you can expect it, those "G" words aren't as easy, but we will work on it!! Gran, I've heard that you have proudly answered to "Dan" in the past...that may be the case again before too long!!
On Thanksgiving morning we took Nana and Grandpa on a drive around Carlsbad, one stop along the way was our favorite park. Wesleigh enjoyed swinging as usual, but he was a total grump out of the swing. In fact, he was kind of grumpy all day long! I actually think we are working on a fang tooth!
Push Me Nana!I love to swing!
Wesleigh is also starting to take a few more independent steps. He has gotten pretty good at one to two steps at a time. I have started making him stand up and take a few steps to me pretty much every time I pick him up. He can take 4 or 5 at one time. Nana and Grandpa seem to think that he will take off here before too long!! His new big thing is tackling!! He loves to tackle anything that sits still long enough. Maggie (the dog) is a unsuspecting target a LOT!! He tackles blankets and pillows too!! He has also discovered how much fun it is to get "trapped" by Grandpa. It's funny how kids learn this stuff so early! I don't think I have ever known a grandpa that doesn't trap them, and with my dad he usually traps them until they cry, then he lets them go, and they go right back for more!! Wesleigh is NO exception to the rule!! He gets frustrated, but he goes back for more!!
He is still loving his fruit!! That kid can eat fruit NON-STOP. I really haven't found any fruit he doesn't like. Nana introduced him to cranberries on Thanksgiving. He loves those. We've all seen his love for Mandarin Oranges. He also loves peaches, pears, pineapple, bananas, strawberreis, apple, grapes. G-Pa, he hasn't tried apricots, you will have to introduce those to him, as I know those are your very favorite!! He also really loves raisins, and yogurt covered raisins. Today I found him some dried cranberries, so we will see how he likes those!!
Yummy cranberries and green beans...I've already eaten a bunch of ham and a roll!!
I'm such a cheeser!Yummy, Yummy, Thanksgiving Dinner! My very first!!

Wesleigh and I are about to embark on a traveling season...we will leave on Monday, the 1st and head to San Angelo for the afternoon/night, then we will head toward Beeville on Tuesday. Then, Wednesday the 3rd Ethan and I have a doctors appointment in San Antonio. Friday, the 5th we are having a little family birthday party for Wesleigh in Beeville. Then on the 6th, we will travel to Port Lavaca for the day to celebrate cousin Laynie's birthday. On the 9th, Wesleigh and I will get up early and head back to San Angelo. We will have a family birthday party for him in San Angelo at Gran and G-Pa's house on the evening of the 9th. Then, on the 10th, we will head back to Carlsbad, so that we can spend the 11th with Daddy!!! I can't believe he is almost a year old!! Then on the 15th, we will turn around, head back to San Angelo for the night, then on the 16th, Wesleigh has his 1 year check up at the doctor in San Antonio. We have a couple of down days scheduled after that in Beeville, because we have heard that those 12 month shots can be a booger to get over. Then, I will have Christmas parties with my family on the 19, 20, and 21st. Then, Wesleigh and I will head back to Carlsbad to have Christmas with Gran, G-Pa, Guy, Jaedyn, and Daddy!! Then, the first weekend of January, we will pack all of mine and Wesleigh's things out of the rent house here in Carlsbad and take it home to Del Rio, as I won't be coming back out here after that point. It is just getting too close to delivery to be this far from San Antonio! The 3rd weekend of January, we are planning on meeting up in Del Rio so that Daddy can see me and Wesleigh, then we won't see him again until Ethan's arrival!!
Just thinking about all that traveling makes me tired!!! Thank goodness for family to hang out with along the way!!
These last two pictures, definately need an explanation!! You see...Nana and Grandpa are giving the family a Wii for Christmas...it was delivered a couple of days ago, and we, being responsible, loving parents, HAD to test it out!! Ok, these pictures had to be taken, because my dad is playing. In my 27 1/2 years of life, I have NEVER seen my dad play a video game. EVER!!! EVER!!! He really enjoyed it, and we played for a couple of hours. Best part is...he was pretty good!!! He hit a few homeruns in baseball. He totally kicked everyone's butts bowling. Every single frame he bowled at least a spare! He wasn't too shabby at golf either. Some of the other little games he was very, very, very funny to watch!! I still can't believe he was playing, but Wii isn't just a "typical" video game, it actually requires some physical movement to play!! Anyhoo, we know it works, so we can now give it to the kids and know with 100% certianty that it works!!! :-)
Dad was pitching and Jim was obviously batting!!

3 comments:

The Shillingburg's said...

Ok, I don't understand at all. You live in Carlsbad, but are renting. You built a beautiful home that is in Del Rio? Does your husband have to travel a lot for work?

Db & Em said...

WOW I am tired just reading your travel schedule. I wish Malachi ate as well is your little one. We are still working on it. Good luck on all your travels and be safe.

ArmyforChrist said...

I too am tired from all the traveling you are going to do! Yikes!!
I think it's ingrained in little boys to do certain things. John loves to tackle anything too. How funny!