Saturday, November 1, 2008

First Haircut!!!

Well, I had been catching grief for about a month now (at least) that Wesleigh needed a hair cut. Ok, so maybe the back was a little long, on it's way to a mullet, but we definately weren't there yet. Also, it would hang over his ears. I was fine with just tucking it away as needed, but everyone else seemed to think he needed a hair cut! Grandpa (my dad) even went so far as to call him a girl one day!! Nana (my mom) told him that if he had not gotten a haircut before she saw him next, she would do it herself!! Daddy had been saying for a long time he needed a hair cut, so I guess I was the only one in denial. The troops had ganged up on me, and it seems I had no choice!!

So, we went to a local salon this morning and did it!! Ok, so I assumed that we would just use the scissors and just trim him up, well, Jim and the lady start talking about what number on the clippers to do it with. I seriously almost started crying. Finally we agreed on a 5 for the back and sides and an 8 for the top. Between camera shots, I nearly lost it a few times, but managed to hold it together, at least until we got in the car. Then, I just totally LOST it. He looks so handsome and so grown up, but it just killed me. Then, I start feeling guilty, because I know that there are many mommies out there that have lost babies, and would give anything in the world to see their child grow up and reach such milestones! So, I am so grateful to have my amazingly healthy and wonderful little boy, but it is still bittersweet to see him grow up!! I'm sure I will cry when Ethan gets his first haircut as well!! Let's not even THINK about their first days of kindergarten!!
So, Wesleigh has a special little certificate, certifying him as a big boy, and mommy has a sweet little baggie of hair! What a milestone! He is so handsome!! Enjoy the pictures!! He was such a good boy. He sat very still, except for trying to watch what the clippers were doing to his head. But, he sat in his daddy's lap like a champion!!
(On a side note, please ignore the see threw blouse of the lady cutting his hair. Furthermore, please ignore her nice, bright red bra that you can see threw her lovely blouse!! Carlsbad memories!!)
What is going on here??
I'm not too sure about this....Mom??
Hmm...are we almost done here?
Maybe this isn't so bad afterall!
Man, I'm gonna be a knock out!
When she brushed my face and neck with the powder brush it tickled! He look so proud of himself and his new hair cut!
The final product...Mama's big boy!

3 comments:

The Shillingburg's said...

He does look like such a big boy!! And he was soooo cute in the monkey costume. Such a fun age!

Jaime said...

What a big boy! Watch out momma when the girls start coming around!

Db & Em said...

He is so handsome. I have given hair cuts in the front yard but it was just trims. Malachi really needs to get a big boy cut now.