Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mommy Went to the Doctor!

Well, seeing as how I have been sick since Sunday, and today is Wednesday and I am still miserable, I decided to call around to the local doctors offices and see if I could somehow beg my way in to see the doctor. I figured I would get the regular small town....we can see you as a new patient in 3 weeks....spill that you get in Del Rio! Thanks...I will either be feeling better or dead in 3 weeks, but thanks for your time!!! That is actually the answer I got from the regular family practice doctors offices...but then I decided to let Ethan help me out! I called the 1 and only OB office here and was able to talk my way into being "worked in" this morning!! I was so grateful! I knew that my cold had evolved into a sinus infection...and what did the doctor tell me?????? I have a sinus infection!! So, now I have my own antibiotics to take for 10 days as well as some Claritin D! I so hope to feel like a totally new woman tomorrow. I am really sick of being miserable!! On a side note, Ethan's heart rate was right around 140 as usual!!! He is nothing if not consistent!! He is getting to be a strong little booger too!

This doctor's office was super nice to me, not just by seeing me at all, but by letting me take Wesleigh with me. They have a very strict "no children" allowed policy. At least...no babies over the age of 3 months! Wesleigh was a very good boy and as usual he had everyone loving him within minutes!! Such a little charmer!!

Well...in our house, we are as disgusted as many of the rest of you about Obama being our next president!! I will keep my real thoughts and feelings on the subject to myself so as to not get arrested!!! I am very fearful for the future and safety of our country, but we will have to take one day at a time and try and remember that God is in control. None of this comes as a shock to HIM and HE knows what all of our futures hold!! Doesn't do me any good to stress over it today!! We know that as for our household, we did all we could in casting our votes!!!! Well, hopefully we will be out and about in the world soon!! We will definately be in Del Rio for the weekend and there will be pictures to share!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I hope you feel better soon! Let Ethan work to your advantage!

The Shillingburg's said...

People always told me "they get funner with age." I always worried that wasn't true, but it really is. Ben is soooooo much fun. Even though I miss the baby snuggles, I wouldn't go back to that from where we are now. :)