Monday, November 10, 2008

You know that SMELL??

You know that smell?? That smell that homes adapt, that you can recognize? You know the one…your parent’s house….grandparent’s house. It seems every house has it own smell, some good…some not so good. J Well, when I walked into MY house on Friday night, that smell hit me. The smell of MY house!!! I don’t know how to describe the smell that my house has, but to me to smelled like HOME and almost brought tears to me eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few pictures for those of you who follow the blog, but missed out on the building of hte house and haven't had the opportunity to visit us.This is our house from the back, right after it was completed. You can see my fabulous back porch.

It was so good to be there!! The million little things that jumped out at us as wonderful and terribly missed!! Don’t get me wrong, we don’t live in a mansion by any stretch of the imagination. It probably isn’t even considered big by most people’s standards. From the outside it is very plain and simple, but, on the inside it is home like no place else has ever been home to me!! You see…EVERYTHING in this house was and picked and touched by us. From the hardwood floors, to the various paint colors, to the amazingly gorgeous granite countertops!!!!!!! Oh my countertops!! When I saw them on Friday night, I felt like I did the first time I saw the slab of granite in the rock yard!! It was love at first site!! And my kitchen…man I miss my big beautiful kitchen!! With it’s double ovens, cabinet locks, and many, many outlets to choose from!! I LOVE MY HOUSE!! I MISS MY HOUSE!!! Everything in that house from the light fixtures to the faucets, to everything hanging on the walls was hand chosen, and I miss it!! I love my house and I miss it terribly!!!

This picture of the kitchen was taken just before we moved in....it is pretty much completed, but there is no backsplash here!!


Oh, and my bathtub!! It’s so big and wonderful!! I couldn’t wait to get in it, and I think I spent as much time in it this weekend as I did anywhere else!! We enjoyed lunch on Saturday outside on the back porch! The back porch is another fabulous feature of our house that I miss. We have a 600 square foot back porch. I’ve had apartments before that weren’t 600 square feet!! And now, I have a back porch that size with an amazing view of Lake Amistad! The lake is actually higher than we have ever seen it due to some flooding in Mexico that eventually drained into the Rio Grande…then it filled our lake up!! I wish I was here to look at it every single day!! I miss it!! It sure makes it easier to make that mortgage payment if I can be in my fabulous house and look at the beautiful view!! There is just something about living in the country in the middle of NO WHERE!! Our crappy little Carlsbad house is in the middle of town, where your neighbors are close enough you can spit and hit their house and you have to listen to their stupid dogs bark all day long!! Bark and Bark and Bark!! At my house in Del Rio, all I hear is the sounds of the boats as they zoom by on the lake!!! Oh, I miss my house!! I can’t wait until I get to go home to my house for good!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Shillingburg's said...

Love your house! That's amazing! You guys have excellent taste. And no I'm not pregnant, just really weird about food. :)